Blue Ribbon Winning Recipes will automatically be entered into the National Amazing Scone Baking Race!
Blue Ribbon Winning Recipes will be tested in the King Arthur Flour Kitchen
to compete for the National Grand Prize!
- All recipes become the property of the Amazing Scone Baking Race and are subject to publication.
- Products must be the work of the exhibitor. All entries may be baked by an amateur baker*. Professional bakers must enter the Commercial Division.
- All entries must be baked at home from scratch. No commercial mixes will be allowed.
- All entries must use King Arthur Flour. (Attach King Arthur flour bag logo or receipt to the entry.)
- All products must be covered and in a disposable container.
- Products that require refrigeration are unacceptable.
- Bakers may enter as many recipes as they wish as long as they provide 6 scones per recipe and a separate recipe page for each recipe entry.
- Bring your scones to the specified location between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. See individual location instructions.
All entries will be assigned a number when delivered. Scone judging is done without knowledge as to who baked which scones.
Entries must be accompanied by the recipe typed on a recipe card or an 8 1/2” x 11” paper, listing all ingredients and procedures used; name, address, cell phone and e-mail of entrant.
Scones will be judged on appearance, texture, taste and ease of preparation/clarity of recipe.
· Taste (taste and aroma) 1-30 points
· Originality, artistic flair 1-20 points
· Ease of preparation /clarity of recipe 1-10 points
· Overall Appearance 1-30 points
RSVP your Scone Pre-Registration Baking Entry Form. Pre-Registration form is available online. All online registrations will receive a free King Arthur Flour bowl scraper!
Bring your scones, copy of your precise recipe, King Arthur Flour proof of purchase and official entry form(s) to the Clark County Fair on Saturday morning, 8/11/2018, 9-10 a.m., Floral Entry of the Exhibition Building.
(Location to leave your scone entries is a loading dock with signage - not through the admissions gates.)
Where to deliver your entry? Go to the floral entrance at the back of the Exhibition Hall (east end)
between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 11, 2018.
* Amateur baker is defined as receiving less than 50% of their annual income from professional baking or culinary craft.
Remember: for your scones to be judged, you must bring SIX scones per recipe per category when bringing in your entry on the day of the contest!